9 Masks of Fire Slot Review
- Developed and published by Microgaming
- 5×3 classic slot, meaning that there are 5 reels and 3 rows with 20 paylines
- Minimum bet starts at $0.20/bet, and goes up to $60/bet
- Includes free spins, scatters and wilds
- Maximum possible multiplier is 7,500x the total staked amount
- RTP of 96.24%, with medium volatility
A new slot game by Microgaming, 9 Masks of Fire promises big wins and a hot new theme to play in, but does it live up to the expectations that the renowned developer and publisher of casino software has established throughout the decades? Let’s find out, as we take a closer look at what the new, medium-variance slot has to offer to its players.
Theme, Graphics and Sound
The theme and audio are set to portray an African tribal theme, which it does decently enough. We liked the drumming beats used in the background music, which adds an overall effect, quite similar to what we are more used to seeing in traditional casinos.
There isn’t too much contrast here, as all the 9 masks, cherries, bells, 777s, etc. are portrayed in varying shades of red, orange, yellow, and blue for the most part, including the backgrounds and the numbers themselves. Nevertheless, for a game named 9 Masks of Fire, is to be expected!
Scatter 1: The Mask Symbol
Scatters, aka the mask symbols, are your winning tickets in the slot, and you need to land at least 3 of them to get started with the wins. Take a look at the table below to know what can be expected, if you land 3 or more masks on any part of the reels on screen.
- 3 masks = 1x your total stake
- 4 masks = 5x your total stake
- 5 masks = 15x your total stake
- 6 masks = 40x your total stake
- 7 masks = 100x your total stake
- 8 masks = 500x your total stake
- 9 masks = 2000x your total stake
Scatter 2: Shield and Spears for Free Spins
There are 2 different scatters in 9 Masks of Fire, and the second one is a tribal shield-spear combo. Just go through the points next to know what they mean and how they work within the game mechanics.
- The shield-spear scatter can only be landed on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th reels.
- On getting 3 shield scatters, the Free Spins Bonus round will begin, in addition to activating the 1x multiplier immediately.
- The Free Spin Bonus round brings forth a wheel, which can help you win big.
- Depending on your luck, it is possible to win 10 – 30 tries at the Free Spins wheel
- 10 free spins will activate the 2x multiplier, while 30 free spins will activate the 3x multiplier; both of which will remain valid for the entire bonus round
- The Free Spin feature can be retriggered while in the bonus round, taking it to a total of 60 free spins, but the multiplier will remain the same as it was before.
- Although the limit is set at 60 spins at once, the number of times the Free Spins can be retriggered is unlimited.
- The mask scatter can be activated during the Free Spins as well, which could lead to massive wins, given how many chances you will get to land that 9-mask combination
As for the burning Wild symbol, it cannot act as any of the scatters, but it helps in landing wins with regular symbols, by taking the shape of whatever symbol can help you win the most, after a spin. The theoretically limitless winning potentials make 9 Masks of fire a must-try for every slot game enthusiast. Considering the fact that there is a theoretical chance of winning the jackpot multiple times in every bonus round, the possibilities are literally endless!